Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cotopaxi, Quilotoa, and Chimborazo, oh my!

This past weekend, I went with Toby and Marcela to a three day biking tour of some of the most beautiful mountains in Ecuador. I will give a shameless plug here to our amazing tour company The Biking Dutchman. If you are ever in Ecuador, definitely sign up for one of their amazing mountain biking experiences. For our tour we started from Quito and went up to Cotopaxi on day 1, Quilotoa on day 2, and Chimborazo on day 3. From this itinerary you get to see the two highest peaks in Ecuador, and one of the most unique and beautiful crater lakes in the world. Of course the best part is that the whole thing is done on mountain bikes and in car. So you get to ride through the best and most scenic parts of Ecuador, while being driven to each destination. I'm going to do a separate post for each day, but it may take a bit to get everything uploaded so I just wanted to post this to let people know that I'm still alive. Also it's a great opportunity to whet your appetites with some of the amazing pictures I got. Stay tuned for the upcoming blogs!

Cotopaxi national park.

Me, Toby, and Marcy at Quilotoa.

A panorama of Quilotoa crater lake.

A canyon created by the eruption of Quilotoa many years ago.

From the old road from Chimborazo to Ambato.

Another from the old road to Ambato.

Our tour group!

No comments:

Post a Comment