Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Monday, April 8, 2013

Homecoming King

Well I never got to be the Homecoming King in High School, probably because I never attended a Homecoming Dance. Although for the record I must state that I think if I had really given it an effort I could have at least made it up to Homecoming Duke or something. But finally my talents have been recognized and I can say that in my own special way I am a Homecoming King.

It is going to be a difficult adjustment coming home after almost eight months in Ecuador. I will have to get used to things like throwing toilet paper in the toilet, not saying "gracias", and using a toothbrush that doesn't fold up. For the past month or so I've been very anxious to leave, not because I don't like Ecuador, but simply because I have been missing a lot of things from home. Now that I'm actually sitting in the airport, beyond the threshold, I have mixed feelings.

I am now realizing just how much I will miss this place. I've met so many amazing people on my travels, made new friends, gotten to know some of the most wonderful places in the world, and had so many extraordinary experiences. I just can't imagine going back to a normal life at this point. But at the same time I can't wait to get back and see all of my family and friends. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed, get woken up at 5AM by my dogs instead of a rooster, and be able to assume that I won't get typhoid from a glass of water.

It's quite the emotional blender over here right now, but they're calling my plane, so I suppose I should shut the computer and get ready for a long day of travel. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment