Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A weekend in the Amazon

It's been a while since I last blogged, but I've been keeping very busy during that time. So busy in fact that I did not get to look at the pictures from our Amazon trip until last night. There are so many good pictures that I'm going to upload them all for you to see at this link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/sets/)

It was a really great trip, the Amazon is like no other place on earth, and our lodge was wonderful. We did a 4 day 3 night stay at the Guacamayo lodge (I think that's how you spell/say it... we just kept calling it the Guacamole lodge), which is part of the Cuyabena reserve. The food was good, the company great, and the jungle incredible. Having a guided tour was a must for sure. The animals in the rainforest are so well camouflaged that would not have spotted them if they were right under my nose... our guide spotted them from 10 meters away while going 15 mph in a motor boat.

I got to check plenty of things off the bucket list: swimming in the Amazon river, swinging on a vine like Tarzan, fishing for Piranhas, and climbing the largest tree in the world just to name a few. Here are a few pictures that I just can't resist posting on the blog:

Ready for the adventure!

This was the tarantula that liked to hang out in the main lodge... where we ate.

My Tarzan moment.

Swimming in the Amazon at sunset: check!

Angry monkeys

This was the pet monkey that they keep at the indigenous community; his name is Nacho, aka: my best friend.

Is that not the cutest picture you've ever seen? One of the indigenous girls with her pet river otter.

It's the biggest species of tree in the world, how could I resist climbing it?

In back, me and our friend Mariana. In front is Kamila (right) and our guide Sulema (left)

The best part of this whole experience was that it got me excited to go back, more to come from the Amazon in a month and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment