Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Monday, April 8, 2013

Food as Art

This post is mainly just about a few of my favorite pictures that I've taken here. No surprise that in a country with dramatic landscapes and otherworldly plant and animal life, the thing that I can't stop thinking about is food. It's just so wonderful to live in a place where you have access to just about any fruit the world can offer. Even after eight months here spent working on farms and living in the jungle, I was still learning about new fruits on my last few days in the country.
A close up of lemongrass sugar we made for use in our lemongrass chocolate.

Me playing around with our espresso machine.

My recent stint working in a restaurant/cafe/chocolate factory only got me more excited about the food here, as I had twelve hours a day to explore the offerings here. I am eagerly awaiting my return to the States, but one of the things I will sorely miss is access to fresh lychee, passion fruit, guava, dragonfruit, and countless other delicious fruits on a daily basis. But at least I have some of these beautiful photos to keep the memories alive!
A chocolate and blackberry cake I made for the restaurant.

These hairy little guys are called Achiotillos, I believe they are Lychee in English.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment