Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Saturday, September 1, 2012

6 Minutes and 37 Seconds

6 Minutes and 37 Seconds... that is how long it took me to connect to this page. Needless to say my posting capabilities will be limited, even here in Quito. I can not imagine what posting photos will be like.

So anyways I arrived in Quito last night and was met at the airport by Freddy. To my surprise I did not have trouble speaking to him, the hard part was actually understanding him. Freddy is a mumbler, he sounds like he always has food in his mouth. I could usually catch the first or last words of his sentences, that made it easier... sort of. All was well though, I was in Quito. Freddy mumbled something incoherent "¿Entonces. eree tu ersk si spera?" I just responded "¿como?" not "que" one of my teachers taught me that (I'm sure they would be proud), you always say como when you don't understand someone, not que. Aside: in the car with Freddy he pointed out the old town, I commented that the architecture was beatuiful, being VERY careful to connect my words larquitectura: one word, not two (one of my teachers taught me that too)

My backpack when loaded with all of my crap weighed about 50 pounds. I used to joke that my school backpack weighed 50 pounds... that was an exaggeration. You know those dorky straps on backpacks that buckle around your waste, the ones that you always wondered "who actually uses these". Well I know who uses them now... my shoulders were just about to collapse when I finally gave in and buckled up. The belt perfectly accentuated my big hips and gave me great muffin top, but it was that or fall over from exhaustion (lets remember I'm at 10000 ft). It really completed my ensamble. With my american eagle sweatshirt, khakies, and huge hiking backpack cinched around my waist I looked half college frat boy, half mountaineer, and all foreign exchange student. I have so many more things to talk about but this is costing me money, so I'm going to go for now, hopefully I can find a cheaper and faster internet source.

P.S. You have no idea how hard it is to type on this keyboard. All of the punctuation and shift keys are completely different... this took me about 20 minutes to write, pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment