Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Al cielo del mundo

A few days ago I went with Toby and Kamila to hike Pichincha. Pichincha is the closest volcano to Quito, just outside of the city. You take a gondola up to the base camp, from that point you go on foot. We just kept hiking until we were about 3/4 of the way to the summit (it got dark and we had to go home.) The views from Pichincha are absolutely breathtaking. You can see the entirety to Quito and it´s suburbs. Note: Quito is huge, about 50 km long from North to South. When the clouds get out of the way you get a great view of Cotopaxi with it´s snow cap. And the whole area is just unbelieveable: the clouds, the valleys, the mountains. It was really one of the most amazing things I´ve ever done. I took tons of pictures so I´ll post some here, and hopefully later I can get all of them on flickr, which I have still yet to touch. Next on my list is to summit Pichincha and hike Cotopaxi!

The summit of Pichincha


View of South Quito

Me and Kamila looking at Cotopaxi










In the background is Cotopaxi, snow capped

Sunset in the South Quito Valley

Cotopaxi... I want to go there (© Tina Fey)

3 comments:

  1. Cotopaxi! Where we are going to mtn bike down the volcano next spring with you??!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. My favorite is you and your friends together--I love people photos.
    Love,
    Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just now remembered to check out your blog, but I will certainly be back soon! You're a very entertaining writer and I love hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete