Flickr

If you want to see even more pictures, check out my flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willecuador/

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Backing it up

So for my last post I was kind of in a hurry unless you couldn´t tell. After some searching I found a cafe with a better connection so I´ll probably be posting from here from now on. I thought I would back up a little bit and just paint you a little picture of what my arrival was like.

So, I really didn´t have any problems with flights, one of my connections got delayed a little bit but it wasn´t a problem. I had pleanty of time to read and relax and none of the flights were too long. However, that did very little to assuage my nervousness. I spent far too long filling out my customs and immigration forms, "Did I bring any merchandise into the country that I plan to take out?" Well... what counts as merchandise. Seriously, I spent about an hour going over each and every question on these forms, only to have the immigration officers take them without a word and usher me through. But let me tell you, standing in the line to get through immigration was a nightmare. For starters it took about half an hour and my palms had been sweating profusely for twenty minutes already. None of the signs made sense and I kept imagining myself getting sent back to the States for some random reason. I tried to look cool calm and collected but that was a pointless effort. For all my efforts I´m sure I concealed my anxiety about as well as Nixon at a press conference. My only reassurance was the strangely calming woman standing in front of me. She was fairly young, with long curly black hair and a face well spotted with freckles. Clearly a local I figured I would just follow her and do as she did. Of course that rock was shattered when she turned to me halfway through the line and asked in perfect English "so... do you know if we just need to show them these two forms and our passport?" Well, there goes that hope. I´m on my own now. Of course everything went off without a hitch and now I´m cruising around El Triangulo with my Manacuya y Coco ice cream (passion fruit and coconut... amazing). It´s so beautiful here, the view from 10000 feet is quite nice, and the neighborhood that I´m in is great. I´ll upload some photos as soon as I take them. Right now I´m just waiting until the school session starts on Monday, at which point I will be much busier and wont spend my whole day sitting in internet cafes writing blogs. It´s getting time for lunch though and I don´t want to be late. I´m the only person in the house and I don´t think the mom likes having to come home just to cook for one person, but hey, free food is something I can´t pass up, so hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment